Re: [exim] What's the performance benchmark of Exim4?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jasen Betts
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] What's the performance benchmark of Exim4?
On 2013-08-16, boyd yang <boyd.yang@???> wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> I just see that exim can handle only 1000 concurrent connections(for
> sending out emails via SMTP), more will get error with loadrunner.

??? it can only handle a singe connection, it forks a new process for
each new connection. the maximum number of processes depends on your
server but having more than 200 outbound connections from a single IP
address is usually counterproductive IME.

> Exim does not utilize full of the cpu/memory of the server.

exim sends email, email is transported by the internet, the internet
is really really slow.

> I have this additional configuration:
> root@mail:/etc/exim4/conf.d/main# cat 00_local_settings
> smtp_accept_max=1000000
> smtp_accept_queue_per_connection=0
> queue_run_max=10000
> remote_max_parallel=1000
> smtp_connect_backlog=50
>
> No error found in the log too.
>
> Any configurations can let Exim4 use all the resources like cpu/memory?
> Thanks!

look at your testing procedures.
perhaps load 100 emails with 1000 revipients spreat across 100
desination MXs per email into the queue and then spawn 50 queue
runners.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural