Re: [exim] What's the performance benchmark of Exim4?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Heiko Schlittermann
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] What's the performance benchmark of Exim4?
Hi,

boyd yang <boyd.yang@???> (Fr 16 Aug 2013 08:47:12 CEST):
> Hi Ian,
>
> I just see that exim can handle only 1000 concurrent connections(for
> sending out emails via SMTP), more will get error with loadrunner.

I'd say, sending mails is having a single exim process per message.
This single process may connect to max remote_max_parallel hosts, if the
message has to be delivered to such many hosts.

I do not see any limiting factor beside hardware or OS
limits.

But I may miss the point.

And, as others wrote: benchmarking is worth as much as the requirement
is.

--
Heiko