[exim] Failover to smarthost

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Gary Stainburn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Failover to smarthost
Hi folks

I've got a remote office with it's own DSL connection to the internet as well
as a direct link back to the main office.

I have exim set up to delivery email directly using a normal DNS router which
works fine.

However, the DSL connection is unreliable and sometimes I have to manually
switch over to a smarthost down the direct link to head office.

Config shown below.

Is there a way that I could get Exim to cope automatically with the state of
the DSL connection? maybe try the dnslookup first but fail over to smarthost
for network related errors?

If Exim cannot do it directly, I could write a monitor deamon that could set /
reset some for of trigger. Would this help?

begin routers

# smarthost_domains = those domains that reject emails from DSL connections
# smarthosts when DSL is working, local_domains when DSL is down
smarthost:
driver = manualroute
# domains = +smarthost_domains
domains = ! +local_domains
ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
transport = remote_smtp
route_data = mail.ringways.co.uk
no_more

dnslookup: