Re: [exim] Seeing double-quotes around envelope FROM address…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Seeing double-quotes around envelope FROM address, being treated as unqualified user.
On 22/07/13 05:52, Erik Schorr wrote:
> Occasionally, I'm seeing messages get stuck in queue because the
> submitting client program appears to be sending the envelope FROM
> address enclosed in double-quotes, such as: <"username@???">.

Not legal per rfc5321, 4.1.2

> Is there a way to display a meaningful error to the client when Exim
> sees a username with the offending pattern, similar to the first 501
> error shown above, or, "501 #5.1.3 Sender FROM address is malformed or
> has extraneous quotes"? Simply relying on setting
> sender_unqualified_hosts wouldn't be ideal because the error it shows to
> the client is too generic. I'd ideally like the client to see an error
> message that specifically explains that using double quotes in the From
> address is not permitted.

Sure, just match the pattern, set a "message", and deny in your RCPT ACL.

> Is there ever a time when double quotes are actually needed for the
> local portion of an envelope FROM address?

Yes.  Local-parts can, for instance, have embedded spaces (yuk).
--
Cheers,
    Jeremy