Re: [exim] DANE with Exim

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: Mark Elkins
CC: exim-users
Nowe tematy: Re: [exim] DANE with Exim
Temat: Re: [exim] DANE with Exim
On 2013-07-19 at 12:16 +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:
> I heard that some other popular MTA's are already developing support for
> TLSA records. Just wondering if Exim development is going there too.

The two popular MTAs developing support are Exim and Postfix. Exim
would have had the support finished, but I got a job which has kept me
busy and I haven't finished off what I was doing.

I've been working closely with Viktor Dukhovni, who has been working on
the Postfix support, to make sure that we're implementing the same
thing, and have given a lot of feedback into both his work and some also
to Tony Finch, who is the author of the IETF WG drafts on the topic.
(Eg, I'm the person who pointed out why Usage fields of 0 or 1 are
untenably bad for postmasters responsible for sending systems, and thus
why neither Exim nor Postfix is going to support those as the base TLSA
spec requests)

If I find time some weekend, I can see if I can even pick up the threads
of what I was working on so many months ago. :-/

-Phil