[exim] Build exim from git - xml problem

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John Horne
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim users
Aihe: [exim] Build exim from git - xml problem
Hello,

I'm trying to create an Exim tarball from the current git sources. The
release doc (https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/EximRelease) says to run
the 'mk_exim_release' program. This in turn required finding the 'xfpt'
and 'sodp' (?) programs which I have now installed (along with xmlto and
w3m, although those came from an RPM repository).

However, I still get errors when trying to build Exim:

=====================================
xmlto -x MyStyle-txt-html.xsl html-nochunks filter-txt.xml
warning: failed to load external entity
"/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/1.71.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl"
compilation error:
file /home/john/exim/exim-packaging-4.81/release_tree/doc/doc-docbook/MyStyle-txt-html.xsl line 8 element import
xsl:import : unable to
load /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/1.71.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl
=====================================

I have tried to sort this out, and it seems the file
'doc/doc-docbook/OS-Fixups' is where the 'nwalsh' bit is coming from. I
have changed the file to specify the location of the stylesheets on my
system (Fedora 17, '/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.78.1/').

However, I still get the same error.

Can anyone provide any insight into this please?

Alternatively could a switch be provided to the 'mk_exim_release' script
so that the docs are not built? It seems that building Exim itself is
not a problem, but building the docs is and requires other programs as
well as having static/specific pathnames. I would like a clean Exim
build, but am happy to run it without the documentation if necessary.

Thanks,

John.

--
John Horne, Plymouth University, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001