Re: [exim] dnssec

Góra strony
Autor: Jethro R Binks
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] dnssec
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013, Marc Perkel wrote:

> A yes or no answer would have been far easier than your long insult.
> You have a bad and unprofessional attitude for a support forum.

Yes, I suppose in comparison to your question, my reply was long. But I
tire of seeing you launch a question to the list with no context and no
indication that you've made any effort to find an answer for yourself. I
could use more uncharitable language about your use of this list.

Did you try to work out the answer for yourself before mailing the list?
Google will happily produce hits from the mailing list archives with the
most basic of queries. While you might call this a "support forum", I
consider it a list of volunteers and interested parties who expect people
asking questions to try to make use of the existing resources
(documentation, FAQ, mailing list archives) before demanding those
volunteers give you information which is already in the public domain and
trivially discoverable.

The article Linda Pagillo referenced is the first hit in Google.
Worrying that at least two people have likely done for you what you could
have done for yourself. Learn something from this.

Now upon reading the first few hits, if you then had a specific question
about the DNSSEC implementation, or its limitations, I'm sure the
developers would be delighted to clarify for you if you state it, and I
would have no problem with that.

Your view on whether my comments represent a bad and unprofessional
attitude bothers me not one bit. Others can form their own view, and are
welcome to it.

Jethro.