Re: [exim] Copying Outgoing messages...

Author: Gergely Polonkai
To: Ritchie P. Fraser
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Copying Outgoing messages...
On 10 Jul 2013 12:51, "Ritchie P. Fraser" <rpf@???> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I have got exim set up to deliver INCOMING messages to our MS Exchange

server AND deliver to a backup smtp server running roundcube.

----> MS Exchange ----> Outlook Clients
>                                       \----> Roundcube (for Backup and

legal archive)

> What I need to do now is how do I take copies of outgoing mail and

deliver to the senders mailbox on the Roundcube box

----> exim ----> internet ----> recipient
>                                                     \----> Roundcube

(userA mailbox)

> I assume that I need to
> (i) take a copy
> (ii) rewrite the recipient address from the sender address.
> (iii) route copy to Roundcube server
>
> System Filters seem only to be useful for local delivery to

directories/files or pipes.

> I am groping in the dark ... :-(
> Kind Regards,
> Ritchie Fraser
> Systems Administrator

Hello,

I would create a router that sends outgoing e-mail to the roundcube server,
adding unseen to the end of the router definition. Then, the roundcube
server should take place, and deliver this mail to the sender, instead of
the recipient.

Best,
Gergely

> T : +44 (0) 1304 840506
> F : +44 (0) 1304 840075
> W : http://www.marinesoftware.co.uk
>
> Marine Software Limited
> Planned Maintenance, Stock Control, Project (Refit) Management,

Purchasing,
> Safety and ISM Document Management systems for the Marine Industry since

1991.

> Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by Marine Software Limited,

This communication and attachments are to be treated as confidential and
the information in it may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose
for which it was sent. If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication you should notify the sender immediately, then destroy it
without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents. Marine
Software Limited. Registered in England & Wales. No 2576494 Registered
Office. 4 Ozengell Place, Eurokent Business Park, Ramsgate. Kent. United
Kingdom. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept
responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this
message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail
transmission. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.