Re: [exim] Exim router required?

Author: Andrew D
To: Ritchie P. Fraser
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim router required?
G'Day Ritchie,

On 3/07/2013 5:34 PM, Ritchie P. Fraser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to get exim to deliver incoming messages to TWO mail servers internally in our company.
> The router should deliver every email to both servers.
>
> Internet ---> exim server ---> smarthost (Exchange) --> clients
>                 \
>                  \-------> backup server (dovecot and roundcube)

> I feel that this is a job for a router, but I am unsure of how to proceed.

2 things are required.
1. a new transport specifying the secondary server.

2. A copy of the router that does the routing to the exchange server
placed before the exchange router, with the transport pointing at the
new transport and adding the option unseen to the copied router.

Using the unseen option hides that router as if it didn't exist.

HTH
cya
Andrew