Re: [exim] Exim router required?

Autor: Cyborg
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim router required?
Am 03.07.2013 10:04, schrieb Ritchie P. Fraser:
> Hi,
>
> I need to get exim to deliver incoming messages to TWO mail servers internally in our company.
> The router should deliver every email to both servers.
>
> Internet ---> exim server ---> smarthost (Exchange) --> clients
>                  \
>                   \-------> backup server (dovecot and roundcube)

> I feel that this is a job for a router, but I am unsure of how to proceed.
>
> I have searched the exim specification and can't find a "make a copy" or "archive" option(s).
>
> Does anyone else do this (and have examples they are willing to share?)

your router just has to use a different transport and after his work,
has to "goto" to the normal router .

This may accidently work, if not it's a start for your router. It has
the be the first in your router config to work proper:

copyrouter:
      driver = dnslookup
   transport = backup_smtp
   check_ancestor
   unseen
   more
   redirect_router = "NAME-OF-THE-NEXT-ROUTER"

I prefer this one, as it's not needing a new transport:

Add a normal forward router with the condition *@domain ( condition =
yes , or just remove it ;) ) and data set to " data =
${localpart}@backup.${domain} " . This would generate a new Message to a
subdomain and your dns will tell exim where this subdomain's MX is. Done.

You can find examples on the net about forward routers.

Marius