Re: [exim] Goodbye all

Author: Brent Jones
To: Alun
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Goodbye all
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Alun <auj@???> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I've been a lurker and sometime-contributer for many years, but I think
> today's the day to unsubscribe. For > 15 years we've run exim as our
> primary
> mail service here at Aber. And it's done a sterling, almost faultless job.
>
> But management has decreed that we shall be an entirely Exchange site and
> outsource the student e-mail service to Office 365. While we'll still have
> exim here in some small way (to paper over the manifest cracks in the
> facilities provided by Exchange and O365) it's not going to be doing
> anything interesting or exciting any more.
>
> Thanks for all your interesting messages over the years, and best wishes to
> you all for the future.
>
> Cheers,
> Alun.
>
> --
> Alun Jones,    auj@???,    01970 622494
> Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth / Information Services
> Prifysgol Aberystwyth / Aberystwyth University

> --

If it counts, my employer handles millions of messages a day through Exim,
coming from primarily Exchange systems with limited to no support for
advanced routing or services :)
Suffice to say, Exchange has its place, but its certainly not at the core
of e-mail routing! I'm sure your management will realize that in short order

--
Brent Jones
brent@???