Re: [exim] Adding a whitelist to greylist

Author: Raphael Bauduin
To: David Woodhouse
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding a whitelist to greylist
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???>wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-06-13 at 11:15 +0200, Raphael Bauduin wrote:
> > I'm working on a working greylisting setup, but it currently has some
> > trouble with mail coming from gmail, because the different delivery
> > attempts may use different IP addresses. that's why I wanted to add a
> > whitelist check.
>
> That sounds like a bug in your greylisting implementation. I'm not sure
> why adding a whitelist would help.

This is a system I'm temporarily taking over, and I'd like to make the
least changes possible.
It is using http://greylistd.sourceforge.net/
Wouldn't adding a whitelist short-circuit the greylisting for the hosts in
the whitelist?

> See https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/SimpleGreylisting for a simple
> example which doesn't suffer the same bug.

thanks, I had this bookmarked :-)
In addition to change the least possible, I'm at this point also interested
in understanding the behaviour I see when adding the whitelist.

Raph

--
Web database: http://www.myowndb.com
Free Software Developers Meeting: http://www.fosdem.org