Re: [exim] exim acting as client on office365

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] exim acting as client on office365
On 2013-06-14, Reinaldo Matukuma <ramatukuma@???> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I had a situation today where i need that exim act as client on office365 server with authentication.
> So, i have configured two authenticators (one for PLAIN and other for LOGIN) that will be sent after TLS.
> The problem that i found is that the office365 server isn't doing the correct announce of AUTH mechanisms....
> Running exim in debug mode i saw this:

<< 250-pod51028.outlook.com Hello [189.74.52.32]
<< 250-SIZE 36700160
<< 250-PIPELINING
<< 250-DSN
<< 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
<< 250-STARTTLS
<< 250-AUTH
<< 250-8BITMIME
<< 250-BINARYMIME
<< 250 CHUNKING

looks OK to me,

> They are announcing only that has auth capability, right?

AIUI auth by itself is AFAICT MAIL-AUTH

> So... the exim don't find the correct authenticator data to use:

What does their server say after you do STARTTLS, and then EHLO?

testing using openssl suggests their SSL is broken

openssl s_client -connect pod51028.outlook.com:25 -starttls smtp

I get a connection under starttls but after that I say EHLO and get
no response...

compare with a working starttls service:

openssl s_client -connect smtp.gmail.com:submission -starttls smtp

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural