Re: [exim] exim acting as client on office365

Author: Gergely Polonkai
To: Reinaldo Matukuma
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] test
Subject: Re: [exim] exim acting as client on office365
On 14 Jun 2013 15:56, "Reinaldo Matukuma" <ramatukuma@???> wrote:

> Hi all.
> I had a situation today where i need that exim act as client on office365

server with authentication.
> So, i have configured two authenticators (one for PLAIN and other for

LOGIN) that will be sent after TLS.
> The problem that i found is that the office365 server isn't doing the

correct announce of AUTH mechanisms....
> Running exim in debug mode i saw this:
>   SMTP<< 250-pod51028.outlook.com Hello [189.74.52.32]         250-SIZE

36700160         250-PIPELINING         250-DSN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES         250-STARTTLS         250-AUTH
250-8BITMIME         250-BINARYMIME         250 CHUNKING

> They are announcing only that has auth capability, right? So... the exim

don't find the correct authenticator data to use:
> 207.46.4.237 in hosts_require_auth? yes (matched "pod51028.outlook.com")scanning

authentication mechanismsskipping server_plain authenticator: not
configured as a clientskipping server_login authenticator: not configured
as a client SMTP>> QUIT
> So... My doubt is... There are a way to configure exim to use for example

LOGIN mechanism as fallback when it don't find any valid mechanism for auth
as client? Someone had the same problem? How to fix this? Or maybe this is
something to send to bug list?

Hello,

for me it seems that your authenticators are not set up to login on other
servers, but to accept client logins. I'm not near a computer at the
moment, but it was a common issue when people tried to use GMail as a
smarthost, so if you try searching on that topic, you may find a solution.

Best,
Gergely