Re: [exim] Differentiating incoming and outgoing mails

Autor: Cyborg
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Differentiating incoming and outgoing mails
Am 14.06.2013 12:40, schrieb soumya tr:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get some statistics from exim maillog. But when I check
> manually I can find the mail logs to be similar for incoming and outgoing
> mails. Is there any way i can differentiate incoming and outgoing mail? May
> be using some keyword [eg: Protocol etc]
>
> Thanks in advance

Depends on you server config. if you have said, that all "users" have to
use smtp-auth, check for it in the "<=" line ( A=..... ) .

If you have an open relay or only mail from 127.0.0.1 .. you can check
if the messages is using the remote transport in the "=>" line :
(T=remote_smtp) or is stored in a mbox, which means its an incoming
message.

Marius