Re: [exim] GPG support inside Exim's config

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] GPG support inside Exim's config
Am 14.06.2013 11:35, schrieb Gergely Polonkai:

> > Marius
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm pretty sure you must utilize a filter for such a thing. Also, this
> way your users must entrust you with their private keys, for signing
> doesn't work without that, which can be a security breach.

Yes, but if they have a key already and can use it, they don't need that
server feature.. don't they ?

So, it will be used by people who can't do it alone, or trust theire
servers ( mine ;) )

I'm wondering if i need to put the mail decrypted into the mbox or if
it's possible to autodecrypt a gpg message while dovecot is "delivering"
it. Have it be decoded on transport , offers the option to have the key
stored in a session, rather than having it permanently on disk. This
would lead to a reduced complexity at exim's config and makes it
invulnerable to server impoundments .

I really hope dovecot will play along here :)

PS: does anyone know how those sieve filters work ?

Marius