Re: [exim] replace precedence header on mailing list

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Gary Stainburn
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] replace precedence header on mailing list
On Monday 10 June 2013 10:27:25 Gary Stainburn wrote:
> I'm doing well with my new mailing list setup, with the result that I'm now
> getting a higher success rate and a better handling of the errors.
>
> One upshot of this is that we are now receiving many more out-of-office
> replies. I've had a look at replacing the precedence header if it exists
> and replacing it with a "precedence: list" header.
>
> It looks like all I need to do is add
>
>     header_remove = precedence
>     header_add = precedence: list

> to my mailing list router. However, Googling this has come up with lots of
> posts as to why his is a bad thing to do, or why it won't etc.
>
> I would appreciate people's opinion on (a) how to do it and (b) whether or
> not it is a good idea
>
> Gary

I tried adding the above to my router (after correcting the spelling errors)
but it did not work. I got the error message

Starting exim: 2013-06-10 11:03:11 Exim configuration error for
distribution_lists router:
"headers_add" and "headers_remove" are not permitted with "one_time"

The full router with the statements in was:

distribution_lists:
  driver = redirect
  domains = ringways.co.uk
  condition      = ${lookup pgsql{select case when count(ml_name) = 0 then 0
else 1 end from mailing_lists \
                  where ml_name = '${quote_pgsql:$local_part}' and ml_disabled =
false}}
  data    = ${lookup pgsql{select * from mailing_list_send('${quote_pgsql:
$local_part}','${quote_pgsql:$sender_address}','${quote_pgsql:
$h_subject:}','${quote_pgsql:$message_id}')}}
  one_time
  forbid_file
  errors_to = $local_part-bounce@???
  headers_remove = precedence
  headers_add = precedence: list\n\
  no_more

I tried putting it in the transport which didn't generate any errors but also
didn't work.