[exim] replace precedence header on mailing list

Author: Gary Stainburn
To: exim-users
I'm doing well with my new mailing list setup, with the result that I'm now
getting a higher success rate and a better handling of the errors.

One upshot of this is that we are now receiving many more out-of-office
replies. I've had a look at replacing the precedence header if it exists and
replacing it with a "precedence: list" header.

It looks like all I need to do is add

    header_remove = precedence
    header_add = precedence: list

to my mailing list router. However, Googling this has come up with lots of
posts as to why his is a bad thing to do, or why it won't etc.

I would appreciate people's opinion on (a) how to do it and (b) whether or not
it is a good idea

Gary