Re: [exim] exim4 smarthost with ssl

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Phil Pennock
To: eelboy
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] exim4 smarthost with ssl
On 2013-06-08 at 11:16 -0400, eelboy wrote:
> I have a stock Debian (6) with Exim4 (4.71) which I use as a smarthost
> to my ISP (verizon). They are switching to SSL on port 465 and I am
> having a hard time getting exim4 to cooperate. (previously they were
> using STARTTLS on port 587 which worked just fine)

You need at least Exim 4.77 to be able to set "protocol = smtps" on the
Transport used.

If switching to Wheezy isn't a solution, then you're likely looking at
adding a patch into your deb build. There are no guarantees that it
will apply cleanly.

http://bugs.exim.org/97
http://git.exim.org/exim.git/commitdiff/061b7ebd7d69db7674f03025d552fa0bedd0fef8

-Phil