[exim] Different retry pattern based on destination or other…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Gary Stainburn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users@exim.org >> Exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] Different retry pattern based on destination or other factor - mailing list distribution
I'm still working on my mailing list distribution setup and thanks to the help
on here and the wealth of docs online I'm doing great. However, I'm now
looking at handling retries.

My user sends out his weekly mailshot on a Sunday night, and 90% of emails
work fine. For the 10% that don't EXIM keeps retrying, which I monitor and
log using a perl script and my CRM database.

My problem is that EXIM continues to retry all addresses that return temp
fails to the point that this week's email is still going.

I have had a look at the retries section but can't work out how to do it. If I
hard code a mailing list address would that work or would the retries be
calculated based on the expanded list of actual recipients?

I could possibly do it based on the sender_address but that would affect every
email sent by that user.

Either way, I would like the retries to be driven by the SQL server rather
than having to hard code addresses.

Any suggested welcome.
--
Gary Stainburn