Re: [exim] exim configuration file issues

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil Pennock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Prashanth Katuri
Υ/ο: exim-users@exim.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] exim configuration file issues
On 2013-06-04 at 17:16 +0000, Prashanth Katuri wrote:
> I have finally installed the version 4.66 on Solaris SPARC machine and
> using the same configuration file which I used for exim 3.36 version.

Please switch to Exim 4.80.1; if you continue to use 4.66 then I will
not be able to assist you further as I will be knowingly assisting you
in creating a system with known security holes. This version problem
has been pointed out to you before. Please fix this: stop trying to
install a version of the software with known problems.

Exim 3 to Exim 4 is a change of "major version" and the configuration
files are not compatible.

You should read "doc/Exim4.upgrade" which walks you through the process,
including the conversion tools needed to automatically update your
configuration file for you.

Also: before *EVERY* update, please read "README.UPDATING".

Regards,
-Phil