Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Exim authentication as client and $sender_address
On 2013-05-30, Sebastian Arcus <shop@???> wrote:
> I use the following client authenticator to connect my Exim in smart
> relay to my provider's SMTP server and send email:
>
> fixed_plain_client:
>      driver = plaintext
>      public_name = PLAIN
>      client_send = ^$sender_address^${lookup{$sender_address}\
>          lsearch{/etc/exim/exim-client.passwd}{$value}{fail}}

> It is all working fine, but there are two things I would need some
> clarification about:
>
> 1. Does Exim authenticate as a client and send one message at a time by
> default (and authenticate again for next message to be sent) - or does
> it try to send several messages on the same authentication session?

By default the smtp transport will send as many emails as possible,
you can set connection_max_messages to 1 to limit this to a single
email per connection, or you can create several tranports one for each
user.

> 2. If it tries to send several messages in one go after authenticating -
> what does $sender_address refer to? Is it the sender address of the
> first message which it tries to send?

It's empty unless they all have the same sender. (same deal with all
other variables in the smtp transport)

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural