Re: [pcre-dev] Locale-aware (Turkish) Unicode caseless match…

Author: Giuseppe D'Angelo
To: Jean-Christophe Deschamps, pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Locale-aware (Turkish) Unicode caseless matching
On 23 May 2013 17:25, Jean-Christophe Deschamps <jch.deschamps@???> wrote:

> There exist a significant number of codepoints requiring special attention,
> depending on the locale settings (system, possibly overriden by user or
> program/thread). As I see it, PCRE has no provision for changing its
> behavior depending on the current locale settings in force and adding such a
> feature correctly would mean more difficult to port interraction with the
> OS. Of course this is only AFAICT and I have no word on what PCRE will be in
> the future!

In fact, I was asking if such a feature would be good to have;
implying that we don't have it today ... :)

> If your problem is dealing with a only small number of codepoints, can't you
> just use the UCP features PCRE already offers?

No, because it hasn't to do with Unicode Properties -- it has to do
with setting up the case folding tables in a different way depending
on the user's language (if it's Turkish, "I" shouldn't fold to --
match caselessly -- "i").

Thanks for you reply,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo