Re: [exim] Exim with Dovecot, dovecot-lda, sieve and exim sm…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Sebastian Arcus
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Exim with Dovecot, dovecot-lda, sieve and exim smart relay
On 23/05/13 13:00, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
> On 23/05/13 12:14, Graeme Fowler wrote:
>> On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 10:46 +0100, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
>>> fixed_plain_client:
>>>     driver = plaintext
>>>     public_name = PLAIN
>>>     client_send = ^$sender_address^${lookup{$sender_address}\
>>>       lsearch{/etc/exim/exim-client.passwd}{$value}{fail}}

>> Wrap your $sender_address bit in an if test, like this:
>>
>> ${if eq{$sender_address}{}{SPECIFIC_ADDRESS}{$sender_address}}
>>
>> ...where SPECIFIC_ADDRESS is a real address in your lookup table. That
>> way all the OoO replies will authenticate remotely as a single user.
>>
>> It's a bit long-winded to look at, but effectively it says "if
>> $sender_address is empty then replace it with SPECIFIC_ADDRESS". And you
>> need to do it for both the username, and the password lookup.
>>
>> Graeme
>>
> Thanks Graeme. That has crossed my mind - but then I seem to recall
> vaguely that the provider's SMTP servers normally check to see if the
> "From:" field matches the email address/username passed during the
> authentication session. Wouldn't that cause problems and cause my
> provider's SMTP to refuse my emails if they all authenticate as the same
> user, but have other email addresses in the "From:" header field? Or am
> I remembering wrong?

Just tried it - and it seems my provider's address will accept a message
where the "From:" field is different from the one used as login. This
might be the way to go after all. Thanks for that.