Re: [exim] Exim appears to stop handling mail via the localu…

Author: Todd Lyons
To: David Grant
CC: exim-users, Cyborg
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim appears to stop handling mail via the localuser router after a while
Is it doing this on an incoming message only? Or does the message get
queued and every time it attempts a queue delivery it bails with this
same message? Have you checked to see if there is some kind of max
open files issue happening on your machine? Have you checked to see
if your mail store drive is low on inodes (doesn't apply if it's a
networked filesystem)? It would be really useful if we could see a
debug level output when the problem is hit, but that would be a
difficult thing to do if it's only on inbound emails.

...Todd