Re: [pcre-dev] Compiling a PCRE 8.32 library file for use wi…

Author: Thorsten Schöning
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Compiling a PCRE 8.32 library file for use with C++ Builder
Guten Tag ph10@???,
am Dienstag, 7. Mai 2013 um 18:05 schrieben Sie:

> PCRE does have a Contrib directory on the FTP site, where various bits
> and pieces have been put. I could easily add files there.

I've attached my projects, feel free to publish them if you like.

>>     <ALLLIB value="libpcre.lib $(LIBFILES) $(LIBRARIES) import32.lib cp32mt.lib"/>

> That looks like a useful note that could be included somewhere in the
> documentation, if you are agreeable. (I'm afraid I don't understand any
> of this Windows-related stuff, as I am a Linux user only.)

It's not strictly Windows related, but only a workaround for the IDE
itself. Else one is not able to use current pcre versions because C++
Builder links it's own versions first which results in access
violations on runtime because older pcre functions expect some output
pointers were new ones expect input for vector sizes or stuff like
that. It's been awhile since I figured that out.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@???