Re: [exim] shunting off email from MX1+MX2 to third unpublis…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Chris Siebenmann
Para: Dennis Chang [C]
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [exim] shunting off email from MX1+MX2 to third unpublished MX running Exim4 to filter just one user locally?
| So it is not recognizing "help@???" as being a local address and
| is then relaying it out to the remote MX1 and MX2.
|
| I need to trap this particular address here on this Exim4 server and
| only redirect other emails in the same domain (especially
| support@???) out to the remote MX1 and MX2.
|
| How do I do this?

My opinion is that you want to write your exim.conf from scratch
instead of trying to coerce the general Debian/Ubuntu one into doing
what you want. In theory it should have a very simple structure for
routers:

- a router that matches just help@??? and runs it through your
processing
- a router that sends everything @domain.com off to the Exchange machines
- a dnslookup router to handle outside domains (you need this to at least
verify incoming MAIL FROMs)

Add some SMTP ACLs, a couple of transports, some global settings
(eg that your default domain is domain.com), maybe redirect
'root@<thishost>' off to some other @domain.com address, and some retry
rules and you're done.

While Exim configuration may look scary, it is honestly not that
difficult to write a configuration if you follow through the manual.
You can also start from the merged Ubuntu configuration and cut it
down and alter it if that's easier (but you'll be doing a lot of
cutting and you won't necessarily understand it as well as if you
wrote a configuration from scratch).

    - cks