Re: [pcre-dev] Compiling a PCRE 8.32 library file for use wi…

Góra strony
Autor: Thorsten Schöning
Dla: pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] Compiling a PCRE 8.32 library file for use with C++ Builder
Guten Tag pcunite@???,
am Dienstag, 7. Mai 2013 um 02:24 schrieben Sie:

> How to build the PCRE 8.32 library for C++ Builder 2007 (CB2007) and higher.

Is there any interest in project files to ship with PCRE? Other
projects do so in e.g. contrib folders, even if they don't officially
support them, just in case anybody finds them to be of any help. I
could provide projects for C++ Builder 5, 6 and XE 3.

> Notes:
> The XE versions of C++ Builder come with a RegularExpressionsCore
> class which contain a version of TPerlRegEx. However, direct use
> of the C PCRE library may be desirable.

And both work, pcre itself and pcrecpp.

> The default makevp.bat, however, supplied with PCRE 8.32 builds a
> version of PCRE that is not usable with any version of C++ Builder
> because the compiler ships with an embedded version of PCRE, version
> 2.01 from 1998! If you want to use PCRE you'll need to rename the
> functions (pcre_compile to pcre_compile_bcc, etc) or do as I have done
> and just use the 16 bit versions. I'm using std::wstring everywhere
> anyway. Since the embedded version of PCRE does not have the 16 bit
> function names, there is no conflict.

Another approach I successfully used for some years with BCB 5 and 6
was to make sure that include and library paths of PCRE are configured
before the default paths of the IDE in the dialogs where one can
manage those paths. Afterwards one can open the project files using a
text editor and manually add the self created library for pcre itself,
pcrecpp doesn't ship with the IDE, in the library nodes where the IDE
manages it's own libraries to link against in front of the IDE-own
libraries. This way one can use the default PCRE function names
without getting access violations on runtime.

    <ALLLIB value="libpcre.lib $(LIBFILES) $(LIBRARIES) import32.lib cp32mt.lib"/>

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@???