Re: [exim] Multiple domains with exim4.

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Multiple domains with exim4.
Antonio Fernández Pérez <antoniofernandez@???> (Do 02 Mai 2013 14:25:24 CEST):
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to know if is possible to send mails from differents domains
> using exim4 as a smtp server. I have a /etc/mailname file with FQDN domains
> (only one line). Have I to add a new line with the second domain name in
> /etc/mailname file? Line per domain or using ";" between domains?

… depends on your config.

The /etc/mailname is not used by the default Exim configuration, as far
as I know. The Debian Exim configuration *may* use it, but I'm not sure.

Iff this file is used, I'd guess, it's just used as the default domain,
in case a local sender does not qualify the sender address.

Your Exim accepts nearly any domain in the sender address. But -
this depends, you guess it, on the config. Depending on the reception
of the message (local process, network) it checks, and fixes the sender
address according to the local systems default.

I'm sorry for the somewhat vague answer, but it's already longer than
the question ;-). (You need to be more specific, and if you're really
interested in the answer, you may check out and read the spec file
from:
    http://exim.org/docs.html
and more specific:
    http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/index.html

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome --------------- key ID: 7CBF764A -
 gnupg fingerprint: 9288 F17D BBF9 9625 5ABC  285C 26A9 687E 7CBF 764A -
(gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B)-