Re: [exim] missing log entries

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Drav Sloan
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: ci
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] missing log entries
ci@??? wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 03:26:24PM -0400 you wrote:
>
> > Does dmesg show crashing processes? Perhaps there's a TLS/auth
> > interaction bug which is causing Exim to crash before the accepting
> > process flushes the log lines.
>
> dmesg ist flooted by iptables messages because I set up a rule to log
> smtp connections. But I don't think that something crashes. All mails
> are delivered as expected.

Somewhat off-topic, but if it helps getting a clear dmesg to help us diagnose
the issue...

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 25 -m limit --limit 5/min -j ULOG --ulog-prefix "iptables SMTP denied: "

and then in your ulogd.conf:

[LOGEMU]
file="/var/log/iptables.log"
sync=1

This will log exactly the same as -j LOG but not bleet noise into dmesg and the
syslog, but instead squirrel it away into /var/log/iptables.log.

Hopefully that'll help rule out what Phil originally suggested.

Regards

D.