Re: [pcre-dev] confusion about crash in regfree in pcreposix…

Góra strony
Autor: Seth Grover
Dla: Pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] confusion about crash in regfree in pcreposix3.dll in windows
Thanks for your reply!

> This version of PCRE is really outdated, a current version is 8.32.

Okay, I followed the links from http://www.pcre.org over to sourceforge for
the Windows build, and the version I linked to was the latest version
available. I guess I'll have to roll my own if I want to use a later
version.

> You allocate memory on the stack and overwrite it with newly created
> memory in regcomp. Try declaring a pointer:

While I appreciate the advice, I think that in this case it is not correct,
for a few reasons:

1. The way I'm doing it (with the regex_t structure on the stack and
passing in its address) works correctly in Linux (it does't segfault), as
the allocated memory actually is pointed to by the "void *re_pcre" member
of the regex_t structure.
2. Every example I can find online illustrates it being done the way I'm
doing it.
3. If I do it the way you suggest, it segfaults immediately in regcomp, and
doesn't even get to the point where my program attempts the regfree.

>From my reading of the documentation, the fact that my simple test program

works fine in Linux and fails only in Windows, and the examples I've found
online that do it the same way I'm doing it, I think my method of calling
is correct. However, I'll see if I can't get a newer version of the .dll
compiled to see if that fixes my problem.

Thanks,

-Seth Grover

--
Seth Grover