Re: [pcre-dev] SUB symbol inside MARK verb

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
著者: ph10
To: Graycode
CC: Pcre-dev
題目: Re: [pcre-dev] SUB symbol inside MARK verb
On Sat, 13 Apr 2013, Graycode wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Apr 2013, ND wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot for explanation. I was not know that in pcretest.exe pattern
> > must use escape sequences instead of control symbols. And now can't find
> > in docs about this (only about data lines).

My thanks also - I had suspected it was probably something like this. In
the source of pcretest there is this comment:

/* A number of things vary for Windows builds. Originally, pcretest opened its
input and output without "b"; then I was told that "b" was needed in some
environments, so it was added for release 5.0 to both the input and output. (It
makes no difference on Unix-like systems.) Later I was told that it is wrong
for the input on Windows. I've now abstracted the modes into two macros that
are set here, to make it easier to fiddle with them, and removed "b" from the
input mode under Windows. */

I myself am not a Windows user, so I have to rely on what people tell me
with regard to Windows-specific things in the code.

> It's just that Windows builders often use Microsoft's compilers and
> thus Microsoft's runtime C libraries. There may be other compilers
> for Windows whose C library for fgets() does not halt when it spots
> a ASCII 26 char.

Presumably if you use cygwin (for example) you get a Unix-like library.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel