Re: [exim] Using readsocket for ratelimiting?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Mike Cardwell
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Using readsocket for ratelimiting?
* on the Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:43:26PM -0700, Brent Jones wrote:

> Has anyone considered, or already made a rate limiting ACL using readsocket?
>
> Besides writing a simple daemon, I don't see any reason not to try this out.
> I envision sending various data to the daemon, like sender IP, recipients,
> sender address, then getting a pass/fail from the socket depending.
> On that pass fail, I guess you could wrap it in a defer or reject ACL,
> however you want.
>
> This way, the rate limit database doesn't need to reside on a single box,
> the socket daemon could use memcache or a proper DB.

I wrote a blog post a few years ago about accessing memcached from Exim
using readsocket:

https://grepular.com/Accessing_Memcached_from_Exim

You could build something on top of that. Alternatively you could use one
of the db access methods to store/retrieve info from eg MySQL.

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F