Re: [exim] Delting HTML attachments

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dennis Davis
Para: Always Learning
Assunto: Re: [exim] Delting HTML attachments
On Thu, 4 Apr 2013, Always Learning wrote:

> From: Always Learning <exim@???>
> To: Exim <exim-users@???>
> Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 20:43:06
> Subject: [exim] Delting HTML attachments
>
> I would like to remove all HTML attachments from incoming emails,
> everything from
>

> > ------=_NextPart_001_0F64_01CE317E.D94C7530

> > ------=_NextPart_001_0F64_01CE317E.D94C7530
>

> Is this actually possible within Exim and, if it is, where is the
> best place for the coding ?

Shudder. This and similar questions, eg how to automatically add
disclaimers, come up at infrequent intervals.

It isn't exim's job to do this. Exim is an MTA. Exim's job is
deliver all the (crap) email in all its glory and help convince
the humanoid reading the email that evolution has started going
backwards :-)

If you really want to do this, look at implementing it as an exim
transport filter. See Chapter 24 of the fine manual.

Software that might prove useful is:

(1) demime

    http://web.archive.org/web/20071126010824/http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html

(2) altermime

    http://www.pldaniels.com/altermime/

(3) mimedefang

    http://www.mimedefang.org/

I haven't used any of the above in anger, so your guarantee has
just expired.

I suspect mimedefang may be too orientated towards sendmail, and
thus difficult to integrate with exim.

I've certainy seen demime in use on one of the mailing lists I
read. And a simple test with a command line of the form:

demime.1.1d -j demime_junkmail.cf - < test-message

produced the expected results on standard output.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101