Re: [exim] Message in the panic.log: unknown named domain li…

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Traiano Welcome
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Message in the panic.log: unknown named domain list "+whitelist_senders"
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:25 AM, Traiano Welcome <traiano@???> wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I've recently noticed the following messages cropping up in my exim
> panic.log
>
> unknown named domain list "+whitelist_senders"

It's complaining about a missing *domain* list.

> addresslist whitelist_senders = wildlsearch;/etc/exim/whitelisted_addresses

You've defined an *address* list with that name.

>   accept
>     senders     = +whitelist_sender_domains : +whitelist_senders : *@
> qtndealers.co.za : 082fax2email@??? : faxemail@??? :

Above, you used it as an address list. No problem.

>   # reject spam at high scores (> 7)
>   deny   message   = This message scored $spam_score spam points.
>          condition = ${if <{$message_size}{20k}{1}{0}}
>          spam      = nobody:true
>          !hosts    = +ok_hosts
>          !sender_domains  = +whitelist_senders

And there you used it as a domain list. Problem.

Fix it by defining each one properly and using the correct list in the
correct statement. The list name and the condition that you use it in
should match.

...Todd