Re: [exim] exim4: DIGEST-MD5 common mech free

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Phil Pennock
To: Роман Алексеев
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] exim4: DIGEST-MD5 common mech free
On 2013-04-04 at 09:19 +0400, Роман Алексеев wrote:
> Does anybody know what does mean the message "exim4: DIGEST-MD5 common
> mech free" in auth.log ?

It means you're using Cyrus SASL with Exim, and the Cyrus libraries are
logging that. Since you call Exim "exim4", I'm guessing you're using
either Debian or Ubuntu, so it's the sasl2-modules package you need to
look at, I believe.

In this case, it means DIGEST-MD5 was initialised, and then the Cyrus
library was shut down. That's all. It's noise.

In more detail: sasl_client_done/sasl_server_done/sasl_done call
mech_free for any plugin loaded; the DIGEST-MD5 plugin arranges for
digestmd5_common_mech_free to be the backing for mech_free, that
function calls:

    utils->log(utils->conn, SASL_LOG_DEBUG,
               "DIGEST-MD5 common mech free");

and that's all there is to it. Commit 1141ef8b of
<http://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-sasl/>.

You can change the logging controls to avoid logging LOG_DEBUG to a file
you care about, you can patch the source, or you can avoid using Cyrus
SASL with Exim. Those are the choices I know of.

(Exim 4.80 introduced the gsasl authenticator, which might be of
interest.)

-Phil