Re: [exim] slow server response in accepting local smtp emai…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeremy Harris
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] slow server response in accepting local smtp emails
On 04/03/2013 08:58 PM, Jim Pazarena wrote:
> I am trying to find out why locally generated emails take so long to be
> accepted by my mail server.

The first question is - by "locally generated" do you mean
"talks to your exim by some other means than SMTP", or
"talks using SMTP, but from the local machine".

If the latter, I'd be looking first for ident-protocol checks (giving
up after a timeout) second for RDNS issues. Most people find
the former worthless these days, and disable them (look for
"rfc1413_query_timeout" in
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_default_configuration_file.html ).
You could grab a packet trace for the connection.

--
Cheers,
    Jeremy