Re: [exim] Exim docs: ePub testing required

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Klaus Ethgen
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Exim docs: ePub testing required
On 2013-04-02 at 01:12 +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> There are many. Just to take a few random examples:
> - Chapter 33 SMTP authentication, the line "server_secret" of the cram
> authenticator only goes to "{secr" and a half letter "e".
> - Same chapter, the table for server_advertise_condition is cut in the
> middle of the last field.
> - Looking at the filter specification: "Details of the personal
> condition" (Page 73), the whole page has many cutted lines.
> - Same for the two last pages in this document.
>
> And there are many more. It seems that lines with fix width are not
> correctly wrapped.
>
> If it helps I could see if I could tickle out some screen shoots out of
> this tablet.

Please. I've done so for those cited examples, visible at:
<http://people.spodhuis.org/phil.pennock/exim/debugging-screenshots/>
with photos taken by my shaky hand holding my phone above my iPad. So a
little blurry, but the layout is visible.

In Calibre, the layout is more condensed by default, but even there, the
server_advertise_condition wraps the layout inside the table cells
rather than truncate.

I can easily believe that we're missing sizing or hinting information
needed to get a consistently good experience. I've little idea where to
start investigating, however (and really can't afford the time suck
right now of developing passable skill at document layout tools).

So, any pointers to how I might fix this for you would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,
-Phil