Re: [exim-dev] use_wrapper patch

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: J. Nick Koston
CC: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] use_wrapper patch
On 2013-03-29 at 17:19 -1000, J. Nick Koston wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response. Supporting arbitrary commands being forcibly
> wrapped when they come from a router is exactly what we are needing to accomplish.
>
> I would be happy to attempt to cook up a patch to implement "override_router" and push it to github, or wherever is best?

Posting here is good. If you're happiest with a GitHub PR, I can make
that work, but it's more of an exception -- we take changes as
available, rather than _insisting_ people do things our way. But we
_prefer_ exim-dev.

Er, there's a recent example to the contrary, but that's because Todd
has a mega-branch to merge, with many patches, and we're trying out
GitHub's tools as a way to manage it. Maybe. It's not
precedent-setting, though. (I think?)

> > override_router
> > command = prefix -args -- $address_pipe
>
> Thats exactly what we need. The commands are coming in from filter filer.

It would need testing to be sure, but this should just be a matter of
changing src/transports/pipe.{h,c} to add a boolean option and then in
pipe_transport_entry() around line 570 add in support for this new
boolean.

It looks as though $address_pipe includes the leading "|" symbol, but
I'm not 100% on this from looking at the code; is that likely to be an
issue?

-Phil