Re: [pcre-dev] JIT speed tests

Góra strony
Autor: ND
Dla: Pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] JIT speed tests
On 2013-03-26 07:43, Zoltán Herczeg wrote:
> > Thanks... I'm so sorry but my bad English don't allow me understand
> this.
> > Is there other word's? I don't feel how to speed up my application by
> > using another thread.
>You probably have a list of patterns (array, linked list, etc.). Each
> item should have a pcre and a study. When your application is
> initialized, set all study to NULL, and start your application. After
> all patterns are loaded, start a thread, which process the items of the
> list one-by-one, and perform a pcre_study. Copy the returned value to
> the study member.

My application already do this. It only can not use saved studied
JIT-data. And so must re-study pattern every time it calls. This nullifies
JIT speed efforts. Study time with JIT is much greater then execution with
interpreter.
If JIT-data can be saved and used afterwards like other study data then
this will be great.

Regards