Re: [exim-dev] Exim support for OpenDMARC

Góra strony
Autor: Todd Lyons
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] Exim support for OpenDMARC
On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:
> On 2013-03-17 at 08:41 -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:
>> So far no problems. I'm getting close to merging this into master.
>> It's protected by EXPERIMENTAL_DMARC so nothing behavior-wise should
>> change in the resulting binary unless the builder explicitly
>> configures it.
>> I still have to do a lot of testing of builds and behavior with and
>> without various features enabled:
>> EXPERIMENTAL_SPF
>> DISABLE_DKIM
>> EXPERIMENTAL_DMARC

I was in the middle of debugging why my first simple test didn't work
and I realized that OpenDMARC was using live DNS. Looking around a
bit, I found it has an opendmarc_dns_fake_record() that I can
preload data into its internal cache when I detect
running_in_test_harness. This is good.

SPF is also required for DMARC to be tested comprehensively, and the
libspf functions require active DNS with seemingly no way around that.
This means I cannot fully test DMARC because SPF will always be
missing if I use the test.ex test harness domain.

Yuck. It appears the DKIM library functions are also not getting
called if exim is running in the test harness. I have not yet found
the code which verifies this is programmed behavior (or if it
indicates I have a configuration error). Can anybody confirm that
DKIM is excluded when in the test harness?

I'm working through what I can and cannot test at this point.

> I've had on my "todo" list "sort out running tests in Amazon", but Nigel
> recently suggested Vagrant instead.
> Would you be interested in using Vagrant to run OS test images of a
> couple of OSes, with Exim built in various ways, pushed in by either
> Chef or Ansible?

Yes, I would think that is extremely powerful for a testing mechanism.
I'm in the process of attempting to procure a more powerful server
for my website (funds are limited). If I am able to get it, I can try
the vagrant installation there (my workstation is woefully
underpowered for such a job) and we can see what's involved with it.

...Todd