Re: [exim] trusted_users not working?

Author: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] trusted_users not working?
On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, Daryl Richards wrote:

> On 13-03-20 11:20 AM, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> > Yes. It's not in the Exim source code - so that's a very good spot. Looking
> > back through this thread I see that various config changes and restarts of
> > an Exim daemon have taken place, but nothing has changed. That will be
> > because PHP is calling "/usr/lib/sendmail" (or equivalent), which is either
> > a binary or a symlink to an installed Sendmail binary. Graeme
> On FreeBSD, there is /etc/mail/mailer.conf which overrides the typical mail
> commands.. Here's mine:

Yes; so the real sendmail binary is still installed at
/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail. Is that what the PHP is configured to
execute directly?

/usr/sbin/sendmail is a symlink to mailwrapper, which consults
/etc/mail/mailer.conf and calls the appropriate binary with options
depending on how it was called. I can't remember if installing Exim from
the port makes the changes to mailer.conf or you are expected to do it by
hand.

Jethro.