Re: [exim] trusted_users not working?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Agata
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] trusted_users not working?
Hi folks,
thanks for all the responses.

> exim -bV
>
> Make sure that the file it says it is reading is the same one you are
> editing, or that it is being auto-generated from the template you are
> editing (I don't know how FreeBSD's configs work, but I'm hedging).

exim -bv says /usr/local/etc/exim/configure

This is the one, no surprise there :)

> As to the trusted_users issue: I'd check to see if the websites are
> running in a Jail with a different install of Exim, else double-check
> that the config file being edited matches the one from "exim -bV" as you
> suggest, Todd.
>
> HOWEVER: I would not use trusted_users, as that grants way too much
> power, as then the "www" user can mess with trace data about where the
> message was received from.
>
> Instead, just set "untrusted_set_sender" and have done with it.

No jails. This is my private server. Nobody has access, I control what
www user does.

I googled "untrusted_set_sender". I tried setting it to the address I'm
using. Didn't help. I tried the brutal approach and I set
untrusted_set_sender = *
Didn't help either. Dratted X-Authentication-Warning is still there :(

Funny thing is, when I completely remove "trusted_users" and
"untrusted_set_sender" lines from configure, exim behaves exactly the
same. But it has to read the configure file. I have all the
domains/accounts configuration in mysql, it is impossible for exim to
read that without reading appropriate info from configure first.

    Agata

--
Agata Kruszona-Zawadzka