Re: [exim] LDAP for SMTP auth not working

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Paul Muster
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] LDAP for SMTP auth not working
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Paul Muster <paul@???> wrote:

> --> /etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/40_LDAP-auth
> plain_server:
>   driver = plaintext
>   public_name = PLAIN
>   server_prompts = Username:: : Password::
>   server_condition = ${if and{{ \
>     !eq{}{$auth2} }{ \
>     ldapauth{\
>       user="uid=${quote_ldap_dn:$auth2},ou=Users,dc=BASE" \
>       pass=${quote:$auth3} \
>       ldap://ldap/} }} }

As shown in the bottom of your post, it looks like your ldap is
working as expected. However, I wonder if your problem is something
more basic because your server prompts for PLAIN are different than
mine. Here is what I have:

plain:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
server_prompts = :
<snip>

login:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
server_prompts = Username:: : Password::
<snip>

I wonder if the parsing is just failing because of wrong prompts?

...Todd