[exim] Lot of exim processes

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Gerson Felipe Schwinn
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Lot of exim processes
Hello!

I am facing a problem with exim and DNS.
I have dozens of processes in memory, as "exim -bd -q60m."
The problem is not the mail queue. I got a few emails in the queue.
The flow of emails is not great.

Using lsof on any of the processes in memory, I found that EVERYONE has the
following open socket:

exim 866 MailNull 15u IPv4 2447851 TCP 0T0 brasil03.onehost.com.br: 57413
-> google-public-dns-a.google.com: domain (ESTABLISHED)

However, the SMTP connection to the remote server that same process has
been terminated.

The question is: Why is exim holding the connection to the DNS server and
not terminating the process, since the SMTP connection is closed?

I use the default CPanel configuration for exim.

Additionally I have the following configuration:

dns_retry = 1
dns_retrans = 1s

Some idea?

Att.