Re: [exim] need help modifying mystery rule

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] need help modifying mystery rule
On Thursday, February 28, 2013 16:40:13, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I am running exim4 on Ubuntu 12.0.4 and baruwa 2.0
>
> I am sending test messages from Constant Contact, but they are not
> making it through, unless they hit the server after being forwarded from
> another domain.
>
> The logs are informational, but there is not a reject line that gives
> me a hint what I need to change to let mail through. I have whitelisted
> the domains, but things still are not making it through. I have seen
> other logs with the same info and the mail goes right through. Any ideas?

This sounds like you have created "drop", "deny", "discard", and/or "defer"
ACL rules which don't contain a "log_message" modifier. [This is explained in
section 42 of the manual.]

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-
access_control_lists.html

> 2013-02-28 15:33:21 no IP address found for host localhost.localdomain
> (during SMTP connection from (ccm169.constantcontact.com) [208.75.123.169])

The above "localhost.localdomain" looks unusual; usually what should be here
is the name received from an RDNS query, after which (IIRC) a forward DNS
lookup is done on the name to see if the IP address matches -- and if no IP
address comes back at all, that's when the above warning occurs.

I'm mentioning this because it's also typical to make ACL rules to reject
email from a remote sender that uses the name "localhost", since doing so is
false information.

-- Chris

--
Chris Knadle