[exim] limit parallel outgoing connections

Góra strony
Autor: Giovanni Ferri
Dla: exim-users@exim.org
CC: hosting@dada.eu
Temat: [exim] limit parallel outgoing connections
Hello,

I would like to limit outgoing connections to maximum of 4 simultaneous from exim4 to the next transport.

I already tried to mix "remote_max_parallel=1" and "queue_run_max=4" (and viceversa) as stated elsewhere in the forum, but without any success.

Confirmed by some tests of parallel sending, I continue to see >4 established connections (netstat) to the next hop.

I know that is possibile to rate limit incoming connections but couldn't find any reference for the outbound part.

We wouldn't add another instance of exim in the middle, so maybe you can suggest some other way to do so.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help.

Giovanni.