Re: [exim] forany() with multiply recipients

Góra strony
Autor: Todd Lyons
Dla: Chris.Knadle
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] forany() with multiply recipients
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM, Chris Knadle <Chris.Knadle@???> wrote:
>> > This seems to be a design issue :
>> It's not an exim design issue.  It is a design issue of the SMTP
>> protocol.  Once you get to the data phase of an smtp email delivery,
>> > a new acl "acl_per_recipient"  could solve such problems on an elegant
>> > way.
>> An experimental proposed SMTP protocol called PRDR (Per Recipient Data
> I pulled the Exim master and found reference to the expired draft PRDR spec in
> /doc/doc-txt/experimental-spec.txt:
>    http://www.eric-a-hall.com/specs/draft-hall-prdr-00.txt
> PRDR requires opt-in by the sending MTA during the MAIL FROM command, and also
> changes the response after the DATA command if there are per-recipient
> handling differences.  This means that it only works with other MTAs that also
> implment PRDR, which at the moment sounds very rare.

> If the other MTAs implement this it could be very worthwhile, but I'm not sure
> what the chances are of the MTAs getting support for this.

The sendmail patch is available for a while from:
http://mail.aegee.org/intern/sendmail.html#patches

One mailer, Meta1, has had it for years:
http://www.meta1.org

Weitse has said that he'd consider implementing it back in 2011 when I
first expressed an interest in the draft (I stumbled upon it 5 years
after the draft was actually produced and released):
http://www.mentby.com/Group/postfix-users/per-recipient-data-responses.html

...Todd