Re: [exim] Failed to read delivery status

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Pavel Sedlacek, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Failed to read delivery status
On 2013-02-10 at 02:26 -0500, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2013-02-09 at 09:29 -0500, Pavel Sedlacek wrote:
> > And my exim.conf setting for local delivery:
> >
> > local_delivery:
> > driver = appendfile
> > directory = $home/Maildir
> > maildir_format
> > maildir_use_size_file
> > delivery_date_add
> > envelope_to_add
> > return_path_add
> > group = mail
> > mode = 0660
>
> You're missing check_local_user, so $home will be unset.

Wait, I don't know that for sure. I'm being dumb. This is a Transport,
and check_local_user is a Router option.

Look at the _Routers_ which reference "transport = local_delivery" and
see if _they_ have check_local_user. If they don't, fix it. Don't add
it to the Transport: that won't work, and will be a parse error for an
unknown transport option.

Sorry.

So, check the Routers, fix check_local_user if missing, and if not, the
thaw and debug delivery attempt should provide more data to go on.

Regards,
-Phil