Re: [pcre-dev] Caching and PCRE

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: Ze'ev Atlas
CC: pcre exim
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Caching and PCRE
Hi,

no. And it shouldn't. The effectiveness of caching depends on the use case, we should let the applications decide by themselves.

Regardless, caching is good. We wrote a short research paper about it a long time ago: http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~akiss/pub/pdf/hodovan_regex.pdf

Regards,
Zoltan

"Ze'ev Atlas" <zatlas1@???> írta:
>Hi All>

I ask to make sure that I am not missing something!>

Does PCRE provide caching for the compiled (or original) Regular Expression or does it assume that the user would provide such functionality.  I did not find anything in the man pages except of some note about caching C compiler usage in build time which has nothing to do with my question.>

I need to know for sure before I considering developing such a functionality myself.>

Ze'ev Atlas>
-- >
## List details at https://lists.exim.org/mailman/listinfo/pcre-dev >